Louisa Wilson ( 1859 - 1903 )
Louisa Wilson was born in Ellerker at 10:20pm on 15th January 1859. She was the daughter of John Major Wilson and Ann Newton.
Louisa married Charles Henry Woodhead (born 1849) at Bridlington Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on 28th December 1880. The witnesses were her father, John Major Wilson, and her sister, Annie Mary Wilson. Charles was the son of George and Hannah Woodhead; George Woodhead was a spring knife manufacturer and by 1881 Charles was a partner in the business. The 1881 Census records Charles and Louisa at his parents house at 249 Western Bank, Sheffield. Charles Woodhead died in Sheffield in 1885, it is thought that he and Louisa had no children. Lousia was staying with her parents in Bridlington at the time of the 1891 Census.
On 21st September 1892 Louisa married Joseph Hall at the parish church of Holy Trinity, Bridlington Quay. They had two children:
Louisa died of Bright's disease at 23 Glencoe Road, Sheffield on 5th April 1903.
- John Gilbert Hall, born in Sheffield in 1898, killed in action in France on 3rd May 1917
- Cicely Margaret Hall, born in Sheffield on 24th November 1899, died in Folkestone on 4th December 1963, married Harold Earle Newall (born 27th May 1902, died 6th June 1966) at Fulwood on 21st December 1929
- Correspondence with Kathleen Allatt (nee Bellamy)
- Marriage certificates
- 1881 Census for Ecclesall Bierlow (RG 11/4633 folio 113V)
- 1891 Census for Bridlington (RG 12/3960 folio 12R)
- Death certificate
This document is © Chris Newall 2003 and is freely available to members of the Wilson and Hall families.
It is not for sale or general publication.
Author : Chris Newall
File created : 8th February 2000
Last modified : 26th July 2003